Saturday, July 23, 2011

When it's hot outside!

Who loves smoothies?  I do.  They are wonderful for a quick meal and just lovely in the summer when it's hot outside.  The one problem that I have found with smoothies though is that they are liquid calories and I seem to be starving after 45 minutes are drinking one.  G doesn't seem to have this problem, maybe he has trained his stomach to not be hungry or maybe he is beefing his up so that it has more substance.  Also, one thing that I hate is seeds.  Awww.  Berries you taste so good, but why can't those little seeds just blend too?  So how do you make your smoothies?

Here are few recipes to try:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Substitutions: plain yogurt instead of vanilla,
chocolate protein or cocoa powder instead of chocolate syrup,
almond butter instead of peanut butter


Green Tea Smoothie
It is all about the greens!
Add mango for a nice twist.



Mango Berry Smoothie
So pretty!
I would probably just blend the whole thing together.

2 comments:

  1. yummmm! i got 2 mangos in my bountiful basket today so that last recipe will be delicious to try! i also learned you can freeze mangos (after cut and peeled) like you do berries. SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am for sure trying that Mango one! It sounds soooooo good. Did you know that I love everything peanut butter? Well, I do and that first smoothie is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete