Saturday, July 9, 2011

How many days do you do it?

Question of the week: how many days do you workout? What do you feel is the best number of workouts per week to make you feel like your body is moving and losing weight? My current plan only has three days of weight workouts and that's it. Of course I can add a day of yoga and a day of cardio in there and possibly add some intervals to the weight days, but the author of the "plan" says it's not necessary.

I personally have always thought you must workout 4-5 days to lose weight. 3 days seems like a maintenance program. I have just started this week and I am on my third workout today and I have noticed a difference in the appearance of my muscles but not so much on the scale. (it has only been a week)

Let me know your thoughts. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I am catching up with my blogging! This is a difficult question! but here are my two cents, take them for what they are worth... I have decided that I am no longer numbering my workouts in "days," but rather in "workouts." Does that make sense because it sounded really stupid.. anyway, I try to workout 4-5 times a week, but that doesn't mean 4-5 days. Sometimes I will do lifting in the morning and I will go for a run after work, two workouts in one day. Then I will take the next day off, but I think nutrition has EVERYTHING to do to maintaining muscle and endurance. So, on my day off I will be careful with what I eat while my body recovers...
    Anyway, This way seems to be working better with my body and I don't feel like a slug for missing a day at the gym.
    What do you think? Am I crazy? Did any of that make sense? Maybe I should got to bed... Ha Later!

    ReplyDelete